Healthy Baking Lessons – Ep.6 – Flour and its Role in Baking
11th November 2020/
How are you? How are you this week? What are your plans for the rest of the week?
If you remember, I started a series of weekly videos on healthy baking. I sincerely hope that you follow them and that they are useful to you.
Through these materials I want to create more awareness on this beautiful subject, of healthy baking. What do you say? How do you like it? Are you interested?
I want you to know more about the following topics:
1. What are the ingredients used in healthy baking?
2. How are they used?
3. What are the news in the field?
4. Q&A with the answers to your questions.
In episode 6, I would like to help you create a base in the field of baking. Even if you only use substitutes for traditional ingredients, you still need to know what role
each ingredient has in a recipe.
So today I want to tell you more about flour, its role in baking, gluten, but also what rules you should follow when replacing white flour with gluten-free flour.
I have chosen to use gluten-free flour for quite some time, due to my allergy to wheat flour. I had other options, for example rye flour, but it is quite likely to be
contaminated or contain traces of wheat.
1. There are two types of white flour: naturally bleached and artificially bleached.
2. Artificially bleached flour is the result of chemical processing. The result is a soft white flour.
3. White flour, especially the artificially bleached flour, no longer contains nutrients, vitamins or minerals.
4. In baking, flour is used to give structure.
5. Gluten, even if it causes health problems, has the role of creating an elastic dough.
6. When you use gluten-free flour, you can't just use one kind. To recreate the effect of gluten, a mixture of flour, starch and possibly gum is used.
But these and many more, as well as how to use them can be found in the following VIDEO.
What do you think about white flour? Did you know what role it plays in baking? Did you know that there are many ways to work with a dough?
Send me an email and tell me what you think about it. I am waiting for your answer and I promise that I will respond to all emails with the greatest pleasure.
I wish you a wonderful day.
P.S. Do you need special help for your situation? If you are interested in personalized advice on your specific needs or recipes, 1 on 1, send me an email for more details.
P.S. In order not to miss other important posts for you, news, articles, events, recipes or workshops, follow me on the online communication channels.
Facebook Official PageInstagram